In search of how to write good SEO content? Knowing how to write good SEO content could be easy or hard based on your level of experience.
Writing good SEO content has been made easy with the introduction of AI SEO Writing tools but you need to know how to use them to achieve the goal, in this article.
We shall discuss how to write good SEO content with AI extensively in this article.
Surfer is a tool built to help create SEO-optimized written content and improve organic visibility in the SERPs.
What is Surfer SEO?
Surfer SEO is a cloud-based software or tool that helps write, and optimize SEO content and combines powerful data analysis to analyze and compare your page ranks on SERPs. It is a major alternative to Surgegraph and Frase.io
Surfer SEO analyzes and compares your content with your competitors, drives more organic traffic to your page, and provides a data-driven SEO blueprint to help improve your organic visibility in the SERPs.
Can I Use Surfer SEO for Free?
Surfer SEO is a useful SEO tool but it is not a free SEO tool.
Surfer offers four(4) different pricing plans that are affordable with loads of benefits. Their plans are:
- Essential AI ($119/month) – Best for small and medium businesses.
- 60 AI articles /year – ($29 per additional article)
- Content editor limits – 180 articles /year ($5 per additional article)
- Keyword research – 100/day
- Organization seats – 2
- Advanced AI ($239/month) – Best for teams.
- 120 AI articles /year ($29 per additional article)
- Content editor limits – 540 articles /year($3 per additional article)
- Keyword research – 100/day
- Organization seaMax-AI
- Max-AI ($419/month) – Best for agencies and professionals.
- 240 AI articles /year ($29 per additional article)
- Content editor limits –1080 articles /year ($3 per additional article)
- Keyword research – 100/day
- Organization seats – 10
Save by signing up for an annual subscription.
- ENTERPRISE – Best for large agencies and enterprises that want to scale.
- individual contract
Haven’t seen any plans that meet your required needs? contact their sales team to further discuss an Enterprise plan. Save 10% by signing up for an annual subscription.
Surfer SEO Review: Is This Tool Worth It?
Yes, Surfer SEO is worth it.
Surfer SEO is a worthy tool for writing and optimizing content.
Surfer SEO is one of the best SEO tools to help improve your content ranking.
Surfer SEO will tell you what to adjust on your page content to rank higher for your keywords. Surfer SEO will show you how to write and optimize SEO content with ease. Surfer SEO has many outstanding features that make work easier and faster even for a beginner.
Surfer SEO Features
Content Editor: Surfer’s Main Point of Attraction.
Surfer SEO content editor is amazing and stands out from all features. Surfer Content Editor helps with on-page optimization.
It analyzes the top-ranking pages for your keyword and calculates certain terms seen on those pages.
Surfer SEO’s content editor optimizes your writing and edits content with real-time Content Score. Content Editor also plays the role of an outline builder.
Surfer SEO’s content editor gives outlines for:
- Content length
- Number of headings to include
- Number of paragraphs
- How many images to include
- Unique titles
- Headings, subheadings,
Surfer’s Content Editor is very useful for keeping your content on topic and pushing you to top spots in the SERPs.
It’s easy to use and has solid data which you can customize it.
The NLP feature picks words and phrases that best-ranking articles use in their text to make search engines believe that your content has answers that users are looking for.
Surfer SEO’s Audit tool analyzes and optimizes the content on your existing website pages with the Audit tool.
It’s a great tool as it also gives you a report outlining what you could improve.
Here is what it covers:
- Content Score
- Missing common backlinks
- Internal links Suggestions
- Important Terms to Use
- Word count
- Exact and partial keywords
- Speed optimization
- Page structure recommendations
- Title and meta description length
- Page speed (Load time)
- Improvement of Meta description.
This will help to improve your content.
Surfer’s keyword research tool helps find new keywords to target based on your seed keyword, similar keywords for your main term with their search volume or similar pages that rank for more than one keyword.
Surfer’s Keyword Research tool plans your content strategy, generates new topic ideas, and shows question-based keywords that are relevant and actionable.
It groups supporting keywords into Topic Clusters relevant to your niche to help you write extensively on the topic, rank higher, and become an authority in a specific niche.
The topic clusters contain a lot of closely related keywords.
If you’re uncertain which keyword to use, leverage Surfer’s keyword research tool. It’s an amazing tool for finding new, related keywords to target.
The SERP analyzer is the main tool of Surfer SEO.
Surfer SEO SERP Analyzer gives a detailed breakdown of Google’s First Page (SERP) for a specific keyword.
The SERP Analyzer gives a deeper look into a keyword and the pages that currently rank on the page, showing the connection between the SERP results and the on-page SEO factors.
it also provides backlinks data that might be useful and can select the data needed. It uses the plotting graph arrangement to show the selected data.
Surfer SEO SERP analyzer shows the following data:
- Average word count (aka content length)
- Keyword density and frequency
- Use of partial match keywords
- Hidden Content
- Page Speed.
- Characters count in title tags
- Image Alt Text
- Average content length
- Number of headings
- URL structure
- Usage of the long tail and partial match keyword.
- Average word count of competitors.
- the number of images on the page.
- Questions related to the keyword.
- Time To First Byte
- Structured data.
- Meta-title, meta descriptions, image alt tags.
- Search visibility — for URLs and domains.
- Backlinks — for domains and URLs.
Surfer SEO SERP analyzer makes your data-finding work less tedious.
Amazing Things About Surfer SEO
There are a lot of amazing things that could be said about Surfer SEO, but these few are worthy of note;
Surfer SEO Pros:
- Real-time Analysis
- Seamless interface to use
- Better understanding of complex data.
- Ease to create articles that are competitive on the SERP.
- The SERP Analyzer tool shows the relationship between on-page ranking factors and SERP positions for every keyword.
- It saves time by building outlines.
- It has an outstanding content editor.
- It helps with SERP improvements.
- Integration with WordPress & Google Docs.
- Content Editor customization options.
- Super responsive and friendly support.
What Should Be Improved On?
Even as there are a lot of good features offered by Surfer SEO, there is always room for improvement on some things:
Surfer SEO Cons:
- Expensive with lesser value compared to competitors like Surgegraph
- No free trial
- SERP Analyzer UI feature is filled with not useful data points.
- The extension doesn’t sync fast.
What Makes SEO Content Good?
Good SEO Content is defined by how valuable it is to its target audience and if it possesses the following characteristics:
- It must be accurately written for the audience’s satisfaction
- It must be unique and different from other content on the internet about the same topic.
- It must teach something.
- It must immerse your readers in a story, or capture their attention.
- It must convey a meaning not just a writing.
- Your content standard must comply with Google’s E-E-A-T which stands for experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness.
Using storytelling techniques, makes your readers feel something, and gives them an emotional response that guides them toward a certain call to action.
Surfer SEO: How to Write Good SEO Content
Writing good SEO content could be stressful because it takes time and needs a lot of brain work. I have exhaustively shown how to write good SEO content using Surfer SEO AI below.
Here’s a 5-step process you can follow every time you sit down to write a new blog post using Surfer SEO AI:
Step 1: Create a Topic List
Before writing any content, you have to properly think through different aspects of it like the content you will write, whether is it relevant to your target audience, the product or service your business offers them, etc.
Spend a few hours researching subjects for new ideas. Create a long list of potential topics in your niche, and write them in advance to consistently publish content without stress. This is called batching content. This strategy is a sure way to pump out content.
Here are some ways you can come up with new content ideas
- Know your target audience’s core needs and pain points, then write content that addresses them.
- Check out your competitor’s work. Checking aspects like which blog posts of theirs got the most organic traffic, ranks for the most keywords, and gets the most backlinks. You can use competitive intelligence tools
Reviewing blog comments on all your posts will bring inspiration. It opens communication with your audience and pulls concepts from them to write about.
People’s “frequently asked questions” in the comments section could be used as titles for a new topic.
Step 2: Do Keyword Research
Doing Keyword research before writing your content is an important determinant of how successful your content will perform.
According to statistics, Google processes approximately 99,000 search queries every second with 8.5 billion searches per day and approximately 2 trillion global searches per year. The average person conducts between three and four searches each day.
Identify the keyword or search terms you want to rank for and validate your idea with keyword research.
Be sure to map out a primary focus keyword, don’t target the same keyword with multiple pages, that is not productive.
A post should focus on one primary keyword.
Step 3: Develop a Draft or Outline
Create a draft or an outline for your web content that can answer more of your audience’s questions than your competitors. You can start by creating a query in Surfer’s Content Editor.
Follow these steps:
- Type the search term into the Content Editor and click on “Create a Query.”
- You can either create a multi-keyword analysis or separate queries.
- Use the scraping device and localization you want.
- Organize your ideas with Surfer’s AI-driven outline builder.
Step 4: Write the Content
After doing keyword research and your outline, you can now start creating your blog post or article. Your focus and secondary keywords should appear in your content naturally where it makes sense to avoid keyword stuffing.
The best way to increase your chances of ranking is to write high-quality blog posts. Let your content meet the E.E-A-T standard.
- Give thorough answers to address users’ pain points
- Use scannable sections
- Organized subheaders
- Use visual aids
- Use short sentences, Keep your paragraphs short.
- Use simple, easy-to-understand language.
Moreso, you could write your article on Surfer SEO’s Content Editor. It will help you with how to write good SEO content. You’ll get suggestions on paragraphs, word counts, etc.
Step 5: Optimize the Content
Make sure that your content is optimized for search engine rankings.
- Add your target keywords and all your relevant keywords in important places in your content, to give search engines a better understanding of what your content is about.
- Add internal links to other pages on your website to show Google and other search engines the relationship of your web pages to each other.
- Add alt text to images.
- Check your Meta description length and title tag, page load speed, and incorporate numbers and focus keywords.
You can use Surfer’s Audit tool to streamline your post-publishing optimization to check on important metrics and make your work less stressful and properly done.
Final thoughts on Surfer SEO
These days you don’t need to stress yourself with how to write good SEO content.
You can either get an SEO specialist from Floodgates Digital Services to show you how to write good SEO content or make use of SEO AI tools.
Writing good SEO content became easier with the introduction of AI SEO tools and Surfer SEO AI tool is one of those tools.
Surfer SEO is one of the best content optimization and SEO tools on the market at the moment. It performs a powerful data analysis to analyze and compare your page ranks on SERPs.
Surfer UI is seamless and easy to work with and its content optimization is super and generates relevant keyword suggestions to add to your content.